Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Pensacola. You will be joining an organization of 400 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JULEP reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
If you’re looking for…
…then take a look at today’s league.
Since 1956 our volunteer projects have put women’s time, talents, and treasure to work to better the lives of women, children, and families in the Pensacola Bay Area. Our members are dedicated to voluntarism and making a difference in the lives of others.
Consider these 8 reasons you should join the Junior League, written by a member in JL Northern Virginia.
Get to know JULEP
Informational sessions for prospective members
If you are interested in becoming a member of JULEP, you must attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. If you have questions about joining JULEP, please email email@example.com.
Junior League membership is open to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism.
You must attend one of the information sessions to learn more about our organization. All sessions will be held at the league office at 2016 West Garden Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
The deadline for submitting your application for the 2019-2020 league year is 11:59 pm on Friday, July 19, 2019. You can mail or hand-deliver to 2016 West Garden Street, Pensacola, FL 32502.
Annual dues for your new member year are due upon submission of your new member application.
All new members must attend the New Member Retreat on Saturday, August 3rd, 2019, from 9:00AM-1:00PM. Training and orientation will include Junior League 101, JULEP Technology Orientation, and a Committee Placement Training Session.
A candidate for membership must
- be at least 21 years of age by May 31, 2019
- reside in the Greater Pensacola Bay area (within a 50-mile radius of JULEP Headquarters).
*Please note that prospective members are not required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JULEP
- be able to fulfill the New Member requirements which are briefly outlined below
possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader
- have access to an email account in order to receive JULEP communication.
Junior League membership is open to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism. In 1956, JULEP began with 37 founding members. JULEP members come from all walks of life – corporate executives, business owners, teachers, students, attorneys, physicians and stay-at-home moms. But all members have one thing in common…a heart for building a better community.
NOTIFICATION OF NEW MEMBERS
JULEP will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the JULEP Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, and a Dues Notice.
Timeline and expectations
Candidate for new membership
- Attend a prospective new member information session
- Submit membership application online, by mail or hand-delivered to the League office
- Pay new member dues of $185 by —
- Receive notification of membership acceptance
- Attend the new member retreat and orientation on Saturday, August 3rd, 2019, from 9:00AM-1:00PM
- Attend monthly New Member meetings
- Attend a minimum of 5 monthly General Membership Meetings (GMMs) out of 8 meetings
- Attend the May Dinner member awards ceremony and year-end celebration
- Participate in your choice of training, community service, and fundraising projects to earn a minimum of 10 League Points (approximately 1 point per hour)
- Participate in the Committee Placement process in the spring
- Participate in the New Member class project, if applicable
- Fulfill the $100 yearly fundraising obligation (achieved by purchasing cookbooks, Junior League event tickets, and/or donation to Junior League operating fund)
- Purchase one (1) By Invitation Only and one (1) Some Like It South! cookbook (amount goes toward the $100 fundraising obligation)
*Expectations and obligations or subject to change.
Transfer to JULEP
Have you recently moved to the Pensacola Bay Area? JULEP welcomes individuals to transfer their membership from their former Junior League chapter. In order to begin the transfer process, please contact your current league and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Pensacola.
Transfer requests are processed through the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed.
Once your transfer is either initiated or approved by the transferring league, JULEP will contact you with more information, payment of the transfer fee, and any required dues payments. Once the transfer process is complete, we will connect you with a personnel advisor and you can begin participating in social and volunteer activities.
We look forward to welcoming you!
To learn more about the requirements of being a member of the Junior League of Pensacola, please review our membership requirements and obligations.
The Junior League of Pensacola utilizes a points based system to allow Active Members to customize their League experience in order to fulfill their annual membership requirements.
Obligations vary based on years of service.