Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Pensacola. You will be joining an organization of 400 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JULEP reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
GET TO KNOW JULEP: INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
If you are interested in becoming a member of JULEP, you must attend one of our Informational Sessions to learn more about our organization. Applications for the 2018-2019 new member class will be available before June 1, 2018. Upcoming informational sessions will be added below as they are scheduled.
If you have questions about joining JULEP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A candidate for membership must
- be at least 21 years of age at the time of her admission on May 31, 2018
- reside in the Greater Pensacola Bay area (within a 50-mile radius of JULEP Headquarters). *Please note that prospective members are not required to have lived in the area for a full year before joining JULEP
- be able to fulfill the New Member requirements which are briefly outlined below
- possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential as a volunteer and leader
- have access to an email account in order to receive JULEP communication.
Junior League membership is open to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism. In 1956, JULEP began with 37 founding members. JULEP members come from all walks of life – corporate executives, business owners, teachers, students, attorneys, physicians and stay-at-home moms. But all members have one thing in common…a heart for building a better community.
Interested individuals must download and complete a New Member Application form. The deadline for submitting completed for the year that will begin August 1, 2018 is 11:59 pm on Monday, July 30, 2018.
- If you are a potential candidate for membership but have questions about membership application process or requirements, please contact email@example.com.
- Return completed application form and new member fee to JULEP Headquarters by 11:59 pm on Monday, July 30, 2018. You may submit a completed application via one of the following methods:
- Complete online (includes 3% online credit card processing fee)
- Mail or hand-deliver to 3298 Summit Blvd, Suite 44, Pensacola, FL 32503
Junior League of Pensacola no longer requires sponsorship by a current active member.
NOTIFICATION OF NEW MEMBERS
JULEP will contact each candidate by letter to confirm that she meets the eligibility requirements and is invited to join the organization. This mailing will also contain the JULEP Bylaws, Policies & Procedures, and a Dues Notice.
- New Member Retreat & JL 101 Training Session
- JULEP Technology Orientation
- JULEP Placement Training Session
- Attendance at all New Member Meetings (5)
- Five (5) General Membership Meetings
- Volunteer Commitment of 10 League Points (earned by working shifts at JULEP community impact projects, fundraisers, special events, or baking for cookbook events)
- Financial Requirements include annual dues, purchase of each cookbook, and by either securing a sponsor or directly giving a $100 donation to the League Endowment or General Fund